Paramedic School or Police Technology? / Hypertext / Maxence Guénette

Paramedic's school or Police Technology? / Maxence Guénette.

Paramedic's school or Police Technology? / Maxence Guénette.

A hypertext narrative by

Maxence Guénette

Created with

The Virtual Writing Tutor Grammar Checker

Next

Word count: 1445

Choice count: 20

Section count: 21

Image count: 21

Error count: 0

Field Related Analysis

Education : 80 matches

(advanced, choice, college, don, down, england, first, high school, learn, learned, reading, school, teacher, teachers, technology, test, trainee, training)

Paramedics : 54 matches

(advanced, care, drug, emergency, emergency care, ethics, health, health care, hospital, ottawa, paramedic, supervisor, trainee)

Archaeology : 32 matches

(bed, bit, dog, group, her, here, keep, re, study, technology)

Target Structure: (11 matches)

hr (1 match)

intern (1 match)

learn the ropes (1 match)

learned the ropes (1 match)

more often (1 match)

on-the-job-training (1 match)

overtime (1 match)

premium wage (1 match)

more often than not (1 match)

trainee (1 match)

wage (1 match)

Next

Paramedic's school or Police Technology? / Maxence Guénette.

Finishing High School.

When I finished High School, I had to make a choice. I knew I wanted to help society by becoming either a cop or a paramedic, but I could not decide witch one.

Choice 1 : Study in Prehospital Emergency Care at Ahuntsic College.

Choice 2 : Study Police Technology at Ahuntsic College.

College

Study in Prehospital Emergency Care at Ahuntsic College.

I have now been studying Prehospital Emergency Care for three years. I loved my experience at the Ahuntsic College, the teachers were great and the program was really interesting. In my three years in Montreal, I developed a love-hate relationship with the city. For a paramedic, Montreal is the best with a lot of openings, but I always wanted to leave the city and live in Gaspésie.

Choice 1 : Get a job as a Paramedic in Montreal.

Choice 2 : Get a job as a Paramedic in Gaspésie.

Paramedic

Study Police Technology at Ahuntsic College.

I really loved my three years in Ahuntsic College studying Police Technology. Studying in this program introduced me to a job I never heard of, working for the RCMP. The opportunity is great, but I have to leave everything here and go to the other side of the country.

Choice 1 : Work as a Police Officer in Montreal.

Choice 2 : Work as a Police Officer in the RCMP.

Police car

Get a job as a Paramedic in Montreal.

I really love my job as a Paramedic in Montreal. The opportunities for the job are fantastic. Working in a big city got me to learn the ropes of the job way faster. Three years after I started, I was convened in the HR office. They offered me to go study to become an advanced care Paramedic. The job is great, but I would have to return in school.

Choice 1 : Become an Advanced Care Paramedic.

Choice 2 : Stay a Paramedic.

MTL

Get a job as a Paramedic in Gaspésie.

When I got hired as a Paramedic in Gaspésie, I started as an intern. The Paramedic's gave me on-the-job-training that I loved, but more often than not, I was alone when I got home every night. One night, tired of being alone, I had to decide if I wanted to go to the bar or to stay home.

Choice 1 : Stay home.

Choice 2 : Go to the bar.

Gaspé

Work as a Police Officer in Montreal.

When I got hired as a cop in Montreal, I fell in love with the job. I was always accepting overtime hours and I got sucked up in working all the time. I stood out so much that I was eligible for a specialization. I could apply to become either a K9 cop, or a GTI officer. Both jobs came with a premium wage, but I could not decide witch one to choose.

Choice 1 : Become a K9 cop.

Choice 2 : Join the GTI group.

canine

Work as a Police Officer in the RCMP.

The process of becoming a Police Officer working for the RCMP is extremely complicated. I had to pass a physical test, then to pass a health test and after all of this, they made me do a polygraph. I had the chance to be selected in the RCMP, and I had to choose where I wanted to work. I had the choice between Edmonton, as a cop, or Ottawa, as a Royal Guard.

Choice 1 : Become a Royal Guard in Ottawa.

Choice 2 : Become a RCMP police officer in Edmonton.

royal guard

Become an Advanced Care Paramedic.

I have made a great career as an Advanced Care Paramedic, I saved a lot of lives and made great encounters. I retired at 60 years old. What a job!

Write a choice here.

ambulance

Stay a Paramedic.

When I decided to stay a Paramedic, I had a great career. So great that I could retire at 55. When I was 55, I was not sure if I wanted to stop working so young. The choice I had to make was to become a teacher in Emergency Health Care at Ahuntsic College or to retire.

Choice 1 : Become a teacher at Ahuntsic College.

Choice 2 : Retire.

office paramedic

Stay home.

I decided to stay home and to keep working alone. I had a good career, but I never really made any friends. Always alone in my apartment in Gaspésie, I never had any kids, even if I always wanted to. I retired at 60 and came back to Montreal.

Write a choice here.

depression

Go to the bar.

When I finally decide to go out of my apartment to go to the bar, I met a fantastic girl. As soon as I entered the bar, she shocked me from how beautiful she was. My legs were cut off, and I hesitated to go talk to her. What should I do?

Choice 1 : I go talk to this girl.

Choice 2 : Don't go talk to her.

bar

Become a K9 cop.

I had a fantastic career as a K9 cop. I spent many years with the same dog, Rex. Together with Rex, we busted so many drug dealers and guns sellers. When Rex was about to retire, I retired with him, and we spent many years together after that!

Write a choice here.

police cop

Join the GTI group.

When I joined the GTI group, I was so exited. I had a great first year, but one day everything changed. We were dispatched to intervene in a dangerous house filled with drug dealers. When we entered the house, I was in first line. A drug dealer sadly shot me in the leg, and I fell down on the ground. After that, I blacked out. I woke up in a hospital bed with a leg missing. I was then forced to retire.

Write a choice here.

swat

Become a Royal Guard in Ottawa.

It was harder than I thought to be a Royal Guard. I started as a trainee, so I had to stand in front of the Parliament for hours. After I learned the ropes of the job, I stood out for my work ethics. One day, I was offered by my supervisor a job. He told me that I was the best Royal Guard he had seen. He then proceeded to offer me a promotion, I could go work in England for the King.

Choice 1 : Stay a Royal Guard in Ottawa.

Choice 2 : Move to England.

royal guard

Become a RCMP police officer in Edmonton.

When I moved to Edmonton, I regretted my decision so much. I hated the city and the job. I moved back to Montreal 6 months later, and finished my career as a normal cop. I met a girl, and I had kids when I turned 30!

Write a choice here.

Edmonton

Become a teacher at Ahuntsic College.

When I re entered the college after that many years, I was so surprised to see my old English teacher, M. Nicholas Walker. Being my favorite teacher ever when I was in college, we talked a bit. So, stoked about this discussion it drove me to become a great teacher, and retire after a great career.

Write a choice here.

ahuntsic

Retire.

I spent my last days in a little house with my wife, reading books and taking care of my garden. What a happy career!

Write a choice here.

retire

I go talk to this girl.

When I went to see this girl, I fell in love at first sight. I asked her out, and we had a date weeks later. A year later, we got married, and we had three kids. All of us living in a ranch in Gaspésie!

Write a choice here.

family

Don't go talk to her.

I always regretted having missed out of my opportunity to go talk to this girl. A year later, she married a fireman I know, and I never got to meet anyone else. I retired alone and finished my great days alone.

Write a choice here.

alone

Stay a Royal Guard in Ottawa.

Too scared to move to England, I decided to stay in Ottawa. The job was OK but not the best. I retired young, and I took care of my garden. I passed from a Royal Guard to a royal gardener.

Write a choice here.

garden

Move to England.

The experience of moving to England was the best I ever had. I had the chance to work for the King, and it was the best job I could have ever wished of. I finished my days in a magnificent house in England, really happy!

Write a choice here.

big ben

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Career Summary - Maxence Guénette